30 July 2007

In Which I Not-So-Gracefully Accept Some Bloggy Bling

Yippie! Jennifer over at Playgroups are No Place for Children thinks I'm creative! Ha! I sure fooled her, I had nothing to do with those mummified Barbies, and as for all that crazy stuff I write about? Well, my life's just like that - upside down all day long, like a freakin' carnival ride. But for real, thanks Jennifer! Just when I'm starting to feel stale and totally devoid of creative energy, there you were.

And since being creative apparently qualifies me to distribute awards to others, here goes.

As soon as I got this I knew I had to pass it along to Brillig at 'Twas Brillig since I look forward to her Soap Opera Sundays every week, so if you haven't been over there, off you go.

And when it comes to creativity, how can I not give one to Jenny at Absolutely Bananas? I mean come on, she's like a dozen creative women rolled into one and then photoshopped back onto their individual bodies. Or something like that.

I would also like to present this award to Heather, The Queen of Shake-Shake, who manages to write about the kinds of things I try to make my children stop talking about at the dinner table and always makes it funny and entertaining.

There are so many other bloggers who I love, love, love - and I wouldn't love you so much if you weren't creative - but since I can't choose you all, I have to leave it there.

6 comments:

J. A. Blackburn said...

You rock. Thank you thank you thank you! And your speech about WHY I deserve this reward was hilarious... which only proves that you do deserve the bling!

Jennifer said...

Glad you like the award!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn that Jennifer nominating you before I got a chance to. You deserve it - and I think your acceptance was quite graceful.

Brillig said...

Wow! Thanks for the award! If I could, I'd turn around and just re-award you with it!!

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

Congratulations! And I thought your acceptance of it was very graceful. Now I'm going to have to check out this Soap Opera Sunday thing...

Heather said...

Thank you Nell! I do lurve me some fart humor and if you think that's creative, I'll take your word for it.

ha!

I love your story of mummified Barbies.