06 May 2007

10 Things You Must Know About Me

I have been tagged! And yes, I'm all excited, because it's my first time. Jennifer over at Playgroups Are No Place For Children has tagged me with a 10-Things-About-Me meme, so here they are, 10 completely true, pretty random things, in no particular order:
  1. I am a high school drop out, but took the GED as soon as I was able to. At the time, you had to be 18 to take the test, probably because a smart 10 year old could pass it without too much trouble.

  2. After I dropped out at 16, I lived in London for 3 months working as an intern in an architecture firm.

  3. When I was 5, I lived in Texas to be near my grandparents, but moved back when my father's business failed.

  4. My career as a writer began when I was very little. I submitted a short story to Cricket magazine and was thrilled to receive an Honorable Mention. Being 8 at the time, I didn't realize that every entry received an Honorable Mention.

  5. My father lost me in Ireland once and didn't call my mother for days so he would have to tell her that he had misplaced me. Meanwhile I called her every few hours to see if he had called her yet.

  6. The town I lived in when I was 18 was so small that once I got pulled over for having a taillight out and after giving me a warning, the state trooper asked for directions back to the interstate.

  7. My friend Kira and I used to make our little brothers eat algae. I have no idea what kind it was or whether it was even safe to eat. No one died.

  8. From the time I was born to the present, I have never lived in the same house for more than 3 years. And no, my father was not in the army, in fact, he's not even a citizen of the US, he's Irish.

  9. I handle change badly. Incorporating the unexpected into my carefully laid (but often poorly articulated) plans is hard for me, but I'm working on it.

  10. Out of the four serious boyfriends I had before I met Steve, there is only one that I prefer never to mention. It is the same one that my brother reminds me about on a regular basis - usually by saying something like, "Thank God you didn't have kids with [blank], huh?" in front of everyone.
And now, it's your turn:

Ready...go!

Through the Looking Glass
Chickpea Journal
Ewokmama
The Queen of Shake-Shake
Problem Girl
Stepherz
me rite gud
Don't Change Your Plans
Quarter Life Crisis
021434!

Well, that's it, thanks for playing!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey there! Thanks for the tag, but I've been doing the 10 Things ... thing for awhile. Check out my archived lists here, if you're interested. If I can come up with 10 MORE things, I'll make sure to credit your meme.

Also, I really enjoy your photography.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your father lost you in Ireland. That's CRAZY. I can only imagine what your mom was thinking that whole time!

I also handle change badly. I have trouble when I don't know what to expect.

Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

#5 is nuts! Your mom must have been so upset.