21 March 2007

Waiting... waiting...

Two months ago I applied to the graduate program at SUNY Albany. I still haven't heard yet. I usually try not to think about it, but sometimes...

You would think that it would sort of creep up on me when there was nothing else going on, but actually it's the opposite. Today I had about 200 pages of reading to do, research paper guidelines to review for the class that I am assistant teaching, an ad to design for my dad, Anna IMed me for Photoshop advice, Andrea and I were trying to figure out how to get myself and the girls over there for Eden's birthday this weekend and the girls were feeling under the weather and the bills were looking at me funny. It is in these moments, when I barely have time to stop and catalog the list of things I have to do, that I remember that I am waiting to hear from SUNY and it becomes just one more thing to fill my mental space.

I did make it. I've done about half of the reading for tomorrow, and although I know it's not much of an excuse, I happen to know that if I do the rest of it, I will probably be the only one who has bothered.

I went outside and took pictures of the snow monster and the little mini victims as promised, but the shot of the victims is white on white and vaguely resembles shadowy ghost snowmen, so here is the big monster snowman, bear in mind that he is hungry and about to each dozens of helpless snowpeople sunbathing on the back porch.

No comments: