21 May 2007

Paradise Lost and The End of the World

Okay, I'm being a little dramatic, it's not really the end of the world, but I do sincerely feel as if my head might tumble off my neck and shoulders and roll under my bed any minute now. I woke up feeling like I was submerged in a tank of water, thick, body ache inducing water. If I don't feel better tomorrow I think I should go get tested for Lyme Disease because maybe it wasn't a spider bite after all.

When I told Matilda that I felt like poop, she thought that was about the funniest thing she had ever heard, but then she was a very good nursemaid all day. She took excellent care of me, only filling my water glass halfway because she "didn't want me to drink too much, too fast."

Freya on the other hand informed me that "little girls are not nice to sick mommies."

I started reading Paradise Lost by Milton today. It is the first on a very long list of works that appear multiple times on the GRE English Subject Test. Most of the top ten are epic poems, boy, am I in for a fun summer! This is what happens when you graduate with a concentration in Creative Writing and then decide to pursue a graduate degree in Literature.

No comments: