21 February 2008

Impending decisions and lousy weather

So we made it to both schools and are now stuck just east of St. Louis, waiting out a nasty belt of ice and snow. We'll see what happens in the morning, it's no fun being stuck, but of course would be less fun to have something worse happen due to the weather.

I will write more about this when I am not using a "Guest Courtesy Computer" in the lobby of a Quality Inn (it does have a pool, which Matilda would never have left if I didn't make her), but I am now feeling very torn in terms of which school is a better fit for me and for my family. The program at the University of Missouri is very strong, but Athens, Ohio felt more like home.

I have a few strategies for figuring it out, which I will share as I go, but for now I am safe and warm and uncertain, my mind racing as I try to puzzle it all out, trying not to miss any of the possible angles.

Oh, and of course lunch last week with my dear blogging friends was wonderful; unfortunately the Moosh was at preschool, but Jennifer's children are even more adorable than they appear on her blog and we all had a great time hanging out, even though it was too short.

More soon, I promise!

5 comments:

Annika said...

Erma Bombeck went to Athens. I'm just saying.

andi said...

Oh, that's a tough decision. I know you'll make the right one - good luck!

riva said...

Ohio is closer to me. I'm just saying.

Cathy said...

I'm sure you'll pick the place that's right for you.

Can't wait to hear more details!

Queen of Shake-Shake said...

I think whichever you decide, it will work out perfectly.

Ahh, I miss Carson and Ella. sniff. sniff.